Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Experiencing Korea - Korean Ramen


Jin Ramen, the first Korean food that I bought. I bought this at our supermarket and it is worth 45 pesos. I’m so excited to go home when I bought this. I chose this brand of noodles because Micky Yoochun is advertising it, he only advertised the Gis Myeon Ramen not the Jin Ramen. I also want to buy the Gis Myeon Ramen but it is not available in the supermarket.

When I arrived at our house, I immediately boiled some water over the stove. I read the instructions on how to prepare the noodles; I also read some Korean characters on the cup. I can read Korean but I could not understand it. I opened the cup noodles, and then smelled its spicy aroma. After the water has boiled, I poured it to the cup noodles and waited for a few minutes.



Minutes have passed and I opened the cup, its aroma filled our house. I was so very excited to eat it, especially because I will use chopsticks to eat. Before eating it, I prepared my room (I usually eat my snacks at my room) and also myself. With the excitement to eat, I accidentally burned my tongue (hehe…so careless). I have attempted to imitate Park Ha’s way of eating the ramen (Drama: Rooftop Prince) but I think the taste of the ramen is not complete with that kind of eating. I want to eat the ramen noodles along with the soup. I tried to use the chopsticks but not so long, I have decided to use a spoon.


At the beginning, the taste of the ramen was not so spicy, but after a few minutes of eating it, the ramen was so spicy that I have to drink water every time I swallow it.  Overall, the ramen tastes good even though it’s spicy. I have tasted the Philippine made Korean noodle named Jjampong, manufactured by Lucky me. They have the same spiciness but the Jin Ramen of Ottogi satisfies me the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment